Hereís an important position that helps protect the credit union and also its members. Basically, as an Internal Auditor you make sure the credit union is doing everything correctly by performing operational, financial, interim, and compliance audits. So, youíll review records, documents, loans, policies and procedures, financial and operational processes and electronic information to make sure everything is A-OK and in accordance with regulatory requirements. As an Internal Auditor, itís satisfying to know that you help protect the credit union from making costly mistakes so it can continue to serve its members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct regular audit procedures and activities for all credit union branches and departments and for all accounting, operation, and loan procedures.
- Conduct independent audits and examinations of credit union records to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Track and report on issues or recommendations from external auditors, regulators, and examiners.
- Assist Internal Audit VP/Manager and regulatory examiners during audits as necessary.
- Prepare written reports on internal audit reviews, including findings, analyses, conclusions, and recommended actions.
- Ensure that audit processes will stand up to outside scrutiny.