Member Service Representative
Now introducing the credit unionís ambassador… The Member Service Representative! *applause* Okay, so you wonít receive an introduction like that each time you enter the room, but Member Service Representatives truly are the credit unionís ambassador to members. As the Member Service Representative you are the direct link between the member-in-need and their credit union. You will provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Youíll also open accounts for members, resolve issues, and handle their daily needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union services or policies.
- May respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, again providing professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
- Respond to membersí requests, problems, and complaints and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Open new accounts, and service existing accounts. Set up new account files, and provide members with all necessary information for membership.
- Handle requests from members for transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD transactions, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members.