If you like numbers and have an eye for detail, then this job is for you. As a credit union Accountant you balance and update general ledger and subsidiary accounts, maintain and reconcile daily cash accounts, and manage a bunch of other accounting-related duties. Itís a number cruncherís dream job! Youíll also prepare different accounting reports for the credit union as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, pay, and file all accounts payable for the credit union. Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and enter daily and monthly general ledger transactions including investment activity and schedules, employee payroll, pension and 401(k) entries.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger for various accounts as assigned.
- Prepare summary journal vouchers and verify that all other journal vouchers and cash received have been properly balanced and authorized.
- Review and analyze financial data. Generate a variety of reports and statements as requested by management. Prepare financial statements and reports on a regular basis. Examples of reports include teller variance report, daily cash flow report, renewable and share insurance reports.
- Prepare the credit unionís tax returns.