Call Center Representative I
You just lost your credit union debit card and desperately call the credit union. That calm, understanding voice on the other end is the Call Center Representative ready to make everything okay. This is an important position for the credit union because you’ll be helping members in need and are often the first line of communication when a member has a question, or needs help. You will provide information and customer service concerning the credit union and its products and services to credit union members, ensuring the highest quality of member service. This can be a very rewarding job too… imagine how thankful you’d be to the person who helps you navigate through a problem with your account.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve membership by providing service and information in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner via telephone or correspondence.
- Research and solve routine member questions, problems, and complaints concerning credit union accounts.
- Verify accounts, open/close accounts, accept loan applications, process stop payments on share draft accounts, order cards, and answer questions regarding share accounts, share drafts, VISA cards, ATM cards, IRAs, etc.
- Monitor Negative Share Report and transfer funds from the member’s available funds when possible.
- Cross-sell credit union products and services when appropriate.
- Responsible for researching member inquiries to ensure proper follow up and satisfaction.